Thursday 2 April 2009

What Is Plaque And Tartar?

Plaque is a transparent layer of bacteria that coats the teeth.

To remove plaque you need to brush regularly, recommended 2-3 minutes for a minimum of twice a day. Also include in your teeth care routine, flossing once a day and using mouthwash after every brush.

Tartar is plaque but in a hardened form that is more difficult to remove and can cause more damage to your teeth and if left to develop.

To remove tartar, there are specific toothpastes (anti tartar) on the market to help, but also brushing regularly as mentioned above, especially near the salivary glands can help reduce the growth of new tartar. Therefore hopefully reducing dental hygiene issues in your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Plaque and tartar needs to be taken care of with extreme scrutiny, because it will cost you your teeth and your life, due to complications. For many years now, under the watchful eyes of my parents, I've been taking great care of my teeth and watching what I eat. Upon reaching adulthood, I visited the cosmetic dentist (Los Angeles) for regular check-ups.

    Having a good dental hygiene is very crucial for my career, since I am the first person who faces our company's clients. That's why the dentist in LA is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete